Monday, November 30, 2009

Technicolor Kitty - November 30, 2009

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."

Vincent van Gogh



Technicolor Kitty

Watercolor

5" x 7" Greeting Card


Today is my birthday, so my husband and I have a lunch date and an appointment with a flight instructor. ( Oh My! Did she say flight instructor?) Yes, I'm going to learn to fly. Did I mention that my 50's are my favorite years, so far? Life is a great big gift, just waiting for us to revel in it every day. I hope yours is a good one!



About Vincent van Gogh

The Dutch post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh worked as an artist for only ten years, but he had a profound and lasting effect on the art world. He was born in 1853 in Zundert. He briefly became a minister but was dismissed for caring too much about his impoverished parishioners. His brother, Theo, was a close friend and supporter. He only sold one painting during his lifetime. He is known for his heavy brushstrokes and strong colors. He died in 1890 of suicide.

2 comments:

Vickie/www.vickieleastudios.com said...

Flying lessons...how cool! Something I almost did in my twenties...now I regret that I passed the opportunity by. Go for it...life is meant to be spent pursuing dreams!

Beth Parker said...

I agree! I'm excited! It's all becoming real now. I saw the plane that I'll be learning in. he he

Post a Comment

Post a Comment