Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Zesty Salsa - November 24, 2009

"I am grateful for the ability to keep the small stuff and refrain from worrying about every challenge that comes into my day."

From the Don't Sweat Affirmations

Richard Carlson Ph.D.


Zesty Salsa
2.5" x 3.5" Watercolor & Ink

I have noticed that trying to paint something new every day is a little harder for me, when I work with acrylic.

With watercolor, I can sit down to a blank piece of paper & zip something out. With acrylics, I find myself wanting to plan things out, which makes me a little less spontaneous. I think it's time to do a little organizing in my studio, so I can easily switch from one medium to the next. I want to keep both mediums fresh in my brain, if that's possible. Any advise on that? I'd love to hear your comments.



I quote from Richard Carlson often, so here is something a little different about him, besides his regular bio. With more than 26 Million Carlson books in print, published in 35 languages in over 130 countries, Dr. Carlson became a worldwide phenomenon. He spoke to enthusiastic audiences around the world and was a popular television and radio personality, having been a guest on Oprah, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The View, NBC, CNN, FOX, PBS, Hardball with Chris Mathews, The O’Riley Factor, and myriad other shows around the world.

Richard Carlson passed away on December 13, 2006.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment