Monday, November 9, 2009

Father and Daughter - November 9, 2009

Opportunity may knock only once,
But temptation leans on the doorbell.

--Anonymous


Father & Daughter
Atelier Interactive Acrylic
on 4" x 4" Ampersand Aquabord Panel



First, I gave the Aquabord 2 coats of Daniel Smith black gesso. Then I used a pastel to draw the outlines. Then I filled in the sections with gouache, to sortof plan what I was going to do.






I filled it in with Atelier Interactive Acrylics. This is only the second painting I have done with these acrylics, but I really like them! Sorry about the glare, but I was having fun, so I got a little impatient.

After it dried, I wiped off the pastel lines. It was a little tricky because it wasn't all that dry (yeah... my impatience) and these acrylics are reactivated with water. It worked out anyway, because after I wiped off the lines, I saw some things I wanted to change. If you mist these acrylics with a slight spritz of water, you reactivate them and they can be worked some more. I like the way this turned out. It was a lot of fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment