Friday, November 20, 2009

Licorice - November 20, 2009

"Ruin and recovering are both from within."
– Epictetus


Licorice
5" x 7" Golden Fluid Acrylic on Gessoed Aquabord

It was fun to just play with the colorful shapes of this candy. I did it for the Different Strokes challenge on WetCanvas. This is the first time I have done the monthly challenge from the acrylics forum. I'm starting to really enjoy acrylics! I just can't wait to see what flows from my brush next! ~big grin~


About Epictetus

Epictetus, the Roman-era Stoic philosopher, lived a very ascetic life, believing that happiness came from living "according to the will of nature" and that free will comes from how we respond to circumstances. He was born in 55 AD in what is now Turkey and spent most of his life in Rome. He spent his youth as a slave and became crippled due to his master's harsh treatment. He was later exiled to Greece, where he founded a school and wrote his most famed work, The Discourses. He died in 135.


For the FTC: I am not receiving anything in return for my endorsements of products or websites in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment