Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Deer Crossing

“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.”
– Miles Davis
 
Deer Crossing
Linocut Print for Four Oceans Press exchange

Something a little different today.  I’ve been doing some linocut prints over the last few years, but it hurts my hands too much to do the cutting, so I have cut back considerably.  This one is for a street sign swap, so I couldn’t resist.  I have a friend who is a printmaker.  She tells me to leave some of the background lines in, so I followed her advice on this one.

About Miles Davis

Miles Davis, the innovative American jazz trumpeter famous for his languid, melodic style, was influential in the development of many forms of jazz. He was born in 1926 in Illinois. His mother wanted him to learn the violin, but he picked up the trumpet instead. He dropped out of Julliard to track down Charlie Parker and joined his quintet. He later nurtured many jazz greats in his own band. The album Kind of Blue is considered his masterpiece. He died in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment