Thursday, January 21, 2010

Prismacolor Sketch

“Instinct is the nose of the mind.”
– Delphine Gay de Girardin
 
Prismacolor Sketch
5″ x 6″ Prismacolor Sanguine Art Pencil on Vellum

Last week, I was in Muskogee to get my eyes checked.  Whenever I get to the big towns, I go to Hobby Lobby.  They were having a sale on all art pencils, so I bought three.  I have been wanting to do some actual drawing.  This is a sketch of a friend, Bonnie’s Dad, who has enough wonderful detail on his face, that I dared try it.  He is a lovely man of 85.
When I try to draw babies, all that smoothness really throws me.  I painted my friend, May’s nieces one time.  They were all around 7 and I made them look like 40 year old hookers!  eek!

About Delphine Gay de Girardin

French writer Delphine Gay de Girardin was equally well known for her patriotic poetry and for the brilliant literary gatherings at her home. She was born in France in 1804; her mother was the well-known author Sophie Gay. Delphine called herself the “Muse of the Nation” for her poetry about France. Under the pseudonym Vicomte Charles de Launay, she wrote a gossip column with comedic sketches of Parisian life. She died in 1855.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment