Monday, January 11, 2010

Watercolor Wallaby

The reasonable man encounters circumstances and adapts himself to them. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt circumstances to himself. All progress depends upon the unreasonable man.
–George Bernard Shaw


Watercolor Wallaby

3″ x 4″ on Indian Village 300 gm Handmade Paper

This is going to be the week of the wallaby. I painted this little guy four different ways over the weekend. He was one of the reference photos by OldRockChick over at WetCanvas. I had intended to do him in every medium I have in the studio, but ran out of time. (ya think?) he he

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) was born in Dublin, the son of a civil servant. His education was irregular, due to his dislike of any organized training. After working in an estate agent’s office for a while he moved to London as a young man (1876), where he established himself as a leading music and theatre critic in the eighties and nineties and became a prominent member of the Fabian Society, for which he composed many pamphlets. more…

2 comments:

Vickie/www.vickieleastudios.com said...

Wow! You changed things around. Looks great! congrats on the student pilot status...so exciting.

How are things going with your art? I continue to work on designs...hope to get set up to sell on a couple of new sites.

Beth Parker said...

Thanks, Vickie! I'm glad you're working on your collections. My licensing has unfortunately taken a back seat to flying, until I get my private pilot's license. There is an awful lot of studying! (I am still painting, tho.) I'll go by and visit your blog! :)

Post a Comment

Post a Comment