Monday, March 1, 2010

Duchess

“No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.”
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

 

Duchess
6″ x 8″ Acrylic on  Fabriano 140 lb cold pressed paper


I had a busy weekend, cramming for my FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Exam.  I did this one before I hunkered down to study.  My poor old brain hasn’t studied this hard in many many years.  I imagine that if you looked closely, you’d see the dust and cobwebs blowing from my ears!   Wish me luck!

About Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr., the revered civil- rights activist renowned for his stirring “I Have a Dream” speech, was arrested more than 20 times for his part in civil-disobedience actions. He was born in 1929. He believed in the power of nonviolent protest, and organized the Montgomery Bus Boycott to protest Jim Crow segregation laws. The protest was successful, leading to a change in the law and cementing King’s leadership in the emerging movement. He was assassinated in 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment