Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Hiker

“When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.”
Peter Marshall

 

The Hiker
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor on Strathmore Textured ATC

I had one more little painting in me for Harry’s challenge.  The hills are alive with his texture.  :)
I enjoy painting small.  The challenge for me will be to paint big.  Yesterday’s 8″ x 10″ painting was larger than I usually do.  I enjoyed it.  Maybe there are some larger paintings in my future.  :)

About Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall, the witty, magnetic Scottish-American preacher who became chaplain of the US Senate just two years before his death, was the subject of the 1955 movie A Man Called Peter, based on his wife’s best-selling biography. He was born in Scotland in 1902 and, as a boy, wanted to go to sea; he served in the navy before becoming a minister. His compelling orations and his belief that religion should be fun drew large congregations to his church. He died in 1949.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment