Friday, March 12, 2010

Freddy Frog

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
– Michelangelo Buonarroti

 
Freddy Frog
2.5″ x 3.5″ Gouache and Spackle on Art Spectrum Colourfix

The weird thing about this little frog…. his bumps stuck out, but when I scanned it, they look like they sucked in.  Don’t ask me… I don’t have a clue.  :)
I drew the frog on the ATC, then put some plain old wall spackle on him and the trees with a small pallet knife.  After it dried, I painted him with gouache.  I am pretty sure it doesn’t have any archival qualities, but it was fun!  I’m sure there are some archival products out there that you could use under acrylic.  Try it, you’ll like it!

About Michelangelo Buonarroti

Michelangelo Buonarotti, the Renaissance sculptor and painter, is considered one of the world’s greatest artists. He was born in Tuscany in 1475. He apprenticed to a painter at age 13, infuriating his father, who considered art menial work. By age 25, he had sculpted one of his finest works, the Pietà, in St. Peter’s. Working alone, he took four years to paint more than 400 figures on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. He also designed St. Peter’s dome and is perhaps best known for his iconic statue of David. He died in 1564.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment