Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Style & Grace

“When people succeed, I am as happy for them as I would be for my own success.  I congratulate others for putting their prosperity consciousness to work, and I am inspired by their success.”
Richard Carlson, Ph.D.
The Don’t Sweat Affirmations


 

Style & Grace
3″ x 8″ Watercolor

I really bit off a big one with this painting.  I have been amazed by this photo of my niece, Erin, since I first saw it.  Erin exudes style and grace and this photo flatters that aspect of her personality.  Of course, her face is way prettier than this.  I corrected it so much that I overworked the paper and couldn’t do anything else, so….. concentrate on the dress.  Isn’t that a great dress!  :D


Here is how I started the painting.



No black was used in this painting.  :)


Today’s quote is fitting, because Erin just graduated from High School.  I am so proud of her!

I quote a lot from Richard Carlson’s Don’t Sweat affirmations, so you have seen his bio many times.  His wife, Kristine, is keeping his legacy alive, since his passing in 2006.  You can read more about that here. I wish her the best of luck in her endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment