Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweet Baby Boy

“Hold your child’s hand every chance you get.  The time will come all too soon when he or she won’t let you.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.
from: The Complete – Life’s Little Instruction Book


 
Sweet Baby Boy
5″ x 7″ Watercolor

This is my attempt to paint my little grand-nephew, Gage.  I have never met this little sweetie, because he lives in Washington state.  He was born right after I was there last fall.  I messed his little hands up, so I kinda like this version….





Jackson Brown originally wrote Life’s Little Instruction book as a gift for his son who was leaving home to begin his freshman year in college. Brown says, “I read years ago that it was not the responsibility of parents to pave the road for their children but to provide a road map, and I wanted to provide him with what I had learned about living a happy and rewarding life.” Life’s Little Instruction Book is a guidebook that gently points the way to happiness and fulfillment. The observations are direct, simple, and as practical as an umbrella.

“Most of us already know how to live a successful and purposeful life,” says Brown. “We know we should be more understanding and thoughtful, more responsible, courageous and appreciative. It’s just that we sometimes need reminding.” Life’s Little Instruction Book is that reminder and the perfect gift for students, relatives, or a friend who needs encouragement at any time of the year. A New York Times #1 bestseller for 50 weeks, it is translated into 33 languages and continues to inspire readers throughout the world. This title is available in three separate volumes or in one book collection, The Complete Life’s Little Instruction Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment