Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Begonia Greens

“Think it more satisfactory to live richly than die rich.”
– Sir Thomas Browne



Begonia Greens
Watercolor

This one was an exercise in greens.   I mixed a pallet full of different greens and just played away.  I still have that pallet and dig it out from time to time to play with the greens.   I admit that I often use greens straight from the tube, but it’s way more fun to mix them myself.  :)

I have to share… I flew for an hour by myself last night in McAlester.  I did really good and my landings are really improving!  My next trip is to pick the plane up in McAlester and fly it to Muskogee and practice there, then fly it back to McAlester.   Maybe this Sunday.  Wheeeeeee! :)

About Sir Thomas Browne

The erudite English doctor Sir Thomas Browne, who wrote a number of books on science and religion, was known for his baroque prose style and his controversial opinions. He was born in 1605 in London and settled in Norwich to practice medicine. He wrote his most famous book, Religio Medici (The Religion of a Physician), an intellectual autobiography, in 1635. A friend published it in 1642 without his permission, embarrassing him, but the book’s popularity encouraged him to write more. He died in 1682.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment