Wednesday, March 16, 2011

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt



Impressionist Rose Garden – Oil Pastel

Here is my little attempt at Impressionism.   It’s oil pastel on black pastel paper.  I thought it was fun, but it is so not me.    For the first 2 years after I started painting again (after a 30 year break) I was trying everything I saw.  I grew in leaps and bounds during that time … and so did my art supply stash!  :)

About Eleanor Roosevelt

Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was a powerful political figure in her own right, crusading tirelessly for humanist causes. She was born in New York in 1884 and was orphaned young. After Franklin was struck by polio, she acted as his eyes and ears. She was central to the creation of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which she considered her crowning achievement, and wrote numerous essays, including a long-running column called “My Day.” She died in 1962.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment