Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rose Macro – Watercolor

“Freedom lies in being bold.”
– Robert Frost



Rose Macro – Watercolor

This morning, I made a very bold move and gave my stash of fabrics to my friend, Shannon.  I used to sew a lot.  I made clothing, small quilted items (no patience for full sized quilts), pillows, etc.  It has been 10 years since I touched my sewing machine.  Shannon makes wonderful creations with fabric.  She made me an apron for Christmas that I adore.  I feel so good, knowing that she’ll enjoy the stash and it won’t turn to dust, sitting in the corner of my shop.

Now if I could just find a home for some of the other things I’ve been holding onto for “someday, when I have more time”.  :D

About Robert Frost

Robert Frost, the influential American poet known for his rural settings, uncluttered language, and meditative themes, wrote the poems, “A Road Not Taken” and “Mending Walls,” among many others. He was born in San Francisco in 1874 and moved to Massachusetts at age 11. He ran a farm for ten years, selling it to move to England and become a full-time poet. After achieving his goal, he moved back to New Hampshire. His ambition was to write “a few poems it will be hard to get rid of.” He died in 1963.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment