Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fox at Cuban Ranch

Every failure, obstacle, or hardship is an opportunity in disguise.  Success in many cases is failure turned inside out.  The greatest pollution problem we face today is negativity.  Eliminate the negative attitude and believe you can do anything.  Replace “if I can, I hope, maybe” with “I can, I will, I must.”

Mary Kay Ash, founder and CEO of Mary Kay Cosmetics



Fox at Cuban Ranch – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I painted this from two references by Wendy (sundiver) at WetCanvas.  One was a fox and the other a Cuban ranch.  I had a great time painting this little guy.  Yesterday’s hats were also done from one of Wendy’s references.

Don’t you just love that quote?  It’s how I live my life today.   I haven’t always had this philosophy.   I used to worry about everything.  When my husband and I started dating, he taught me, through his own actions, that life is a great big adventure, just waiting for me to jump in and participate.  It’s amazing how much that knowledge (and my husband) has enhanced my life.  :)

Mary Kay Ash, born Mary Kathlyn Wagner in Hot Wells, Harris County, Texas, was the daughter of Edward Alexander and Lula Vember Hastings Wagner. She attended Reagan High School in Houston, and graduated in 1934.

Ash married Ben Rogers at age 17. While her husband served in World War II, she sold books door-to-door. After her husband’s return in 1938, they divorced. Ash went to work for Stanley Home Products. Frustrated when passed over for a promotion in favor of a man that she had trained, Ash retired in 1963 and intended to write a book to assist women in business. The book turned into a business plan for her ideal company, and in September 1963, Mary Kay Ash and her second husband began Mary Kay Cosmetics with a $5,000 investment. Before the company could open its original storefront operation in Dallas, her second husband died, and her son, Richard Rogers, took his place. The store opened in 1963, but grew rapidly, particularly after Ash was interviewed for CBS‘s 60 Minutes in 1979.  more…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment