Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ophelia the Ostrich

“Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it.”
–Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe



Ophelia the Ostrich – 2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

“I’m Ophelia.  The thing I like best about spring is all the stuff I seem to get away with.  I get to wear my purple hose (I love those!) and I get to go to all those Red Hat parties.  All the girls are jealous of my new vine scarf!”

Ophelia went to Chris in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Tonight is our girls night out.  We don’t wear hats, (dang!) but about 10-20 of us get together once a month at a local restaurant or one of our homes.  I  enjoy these gatherings very much.  When I go to them, I am reminded about the importance of our girlfriends.

My best friend is my husband, so I don’t spend a lot of time with women.   I really appreciate the unique qualities they each possess and how each of them contribute to the wonderment that is “woman”.    These are strong, independent ladies and the majority of them own their own businesses or have great jobs.  A few are retired, but they are still having adventures.  They are wives and mothers and grandmothers.  I’m thankful that they are my friends.  :)

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (German pronunciation: [ˈjoːhan ˈvɔlfɡaŋ fɔn ˈɡøːtə]  , 28 August 1749  – 22 March 1832) was a German writer, drawer, and polymath.   He is considered the supreme genius of modern German literature side by side with Schiller.   His works span the fields of poetry, drama, prose, philosophy, and science. His Faust has been called the greatest long poem of modern European literature.   His other well-known literary works include his numerous poems, the Bildungsroman Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship, and the epistolary novel The Sorrows of Young Werther.    more…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment