Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Petulia the Pelican

“Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
– Muhammad Ali



Petulia the Pelican – 2.5″ x 4.5″ Watercolor ATC

“I’m Petulia the pelican.  The thing I like about spring is my flowerdy hat!  It gets raggedy during the winter, so I spruce it up in the spring with all new flowers.  I do like the beach,  but I love my flowerdy hat!”

This little ATC went to Shirley in Canada.

I didn’t do any new art last weekend, so you’re stuck with old ones this week.  :)

My husband fell and fractured some ribs and punctured a lung on Friday.  I have been spending most of my time at the hospital in Tulsa, which is an hour and a half away.  I’m driving back and forth and until he gets out, I’m only spending 4 hours (on weekdays) a day at the sign shop.   He’s going to be okay.  I’m thankful it wasn’t more serious.

About Muhammad Ali

Muhammad Ali, the American boxing legend known for his saucy rhyming boasts as much as his quick fists, was a three-time heavyweight champion. He was born Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. in Louisville in 1942. His bike was stolen when he was 12, and a cop suggested he take up boxing. Though he became known as the greatest fighter of the twentieth century, with 56 wins and only five defeats, the sport took its toll in pugilism-induced Parkinson’s disease. Since retiring from boxing, Ali has dedicated himself to civic and humanitarian issues. He was called on to negotiate the release of hostages in Iraq in 1991, and in 2005 he was awarded with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment