Monday, May 23, 2011

Wiggle Your Butt!

“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
– St. Francis of Assisi


Wiggle Your Butt! – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I brought my husband home from the hospital Friday afternoon, after 2 full weeks!  YAY!!  When he was napping, I went to WetCanvas to see what was on the WDE to paint and I found these happy tourists in Paris.  I knew it was the reference for me, since I was so happy.    Of course, the hubby needed me 37 times during the painting of this, but I still enjoyed it very much.

I am so pleased with his recovery since he has been home.  He is able to stay by himself and I can attack the huge backlog of Memorial Day orders awaiting me at the sign shop.  Whoo Hoo!! 

My heart goes out to all the victims of the terrible tornado that destroyed Joplin, Mo last night.

About St. Francis of Assisi

St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and ecology in Catholicism, was born Giovanni Francesco di Bernardone into a wealthy Italian merchant family in 1181. As a youth, he was known for carousing. After a series of illnesses, one of which occurred while a prisoner of war, he had a spiritual awakening. God came to him in a vision and told him to build up his crumbling church. Taking the dream literally, he began rebuilding a local chapel. He took a vow of poverty and began traveling, preaching, and working to help the sick and the poor. A group formed around him, becoming the Franciscan order. He died in 1226.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment