Friday, January 27, 2012

Another Sneak Peek at Bethville III

“Once the ‘what’ is decided, the ‘how’ always follows. We must not make the ‘how’ an excuse for not facing and accepting the ‘what.’”
– Pearl S. Buck

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Another Sneak Peek at Bethville III – Watercolor

The proofs I did for these paintings are in watercolor.  The big ones will be in acrylic.  I have yet to brave a large watercolor.  I have never painted a full sheet.  One of these days I’ll give it a go.

Today is the 12th day that I have worked at the sign shop without a day off.  After tomorrow, I’m going to force myself to take a rest.  I’m going to paint on Sunday!  Yay!!!   :)

About Pearl S. Buck

Prolific American author Pearl S. Buck is best known for her 1931 novel, The Good Earth, which depicted peasant life in China; the book, published by the John Day Company, won the Pulitzer Prize. She was born in West Virginia in 1892, but her missionary parents raised her in China. She and her first husband lived in China until 1934, when they had to flee the political strife. She later divorced and married John Day’s publisher, Richard Walsh, in 1935. In 1938, she became the first woman to win the Nobel Prize in literature. By the time of her death in 1973, she had published over 70 books, including collections of stories, poetry, and children’s literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment