Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sneak Peek – Bethville III – Crop 1

“He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality.”
– Anwar al-Sadat

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Sneak Peek – Bethville III – Crop 1

I worked Saturday and Sunday, so I didn’t get to play with my paint, so today and tomorrow, you get another couple peeks at proofs for my new Bethville series.  I can’t wait to get more done on these.  I was going to paint them for my house, but I just got accepted into a new gallery that is opening in March and I really need to work on inventory for them.    The hubby doesn’t know this yet, so I may have to pull them from his steely grip.  :D

About Anwar al-Sadat

Egyptian president Anwar al-Sadat won the 1978 Nobel Peace Prize in conjunction with Israeli prime minister Menachim Begin for the Camp David Accords. He was born in Egypt in 1918. He participated in the 1952 coup to oust the corrupt King Farouk and became president in 1970. He led Egypt into the Yom Kippur War to reclaim part of the Sinai Peninsula. When that failed, he took the risky diplomatic path, opening the door to détente. He was assassinated in 1981 by Muslim extremists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment