Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bicycles in the Bahamas – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.”
– Groucho Marx

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Bicycles in the Bahamas – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

I love that quote!  I also loved the photo I painted this from.  It’s another one from Lisilk  at WetCanvas.   Li takes the most incredible photos!

About Groucho Marx

Julius Henry “Groucho” Marx was the wisecracking central figure of the Marx Brothers comedy team, waggling his eyebrows in movies like Duck Soup and A Night at the Opera. He was born in New York in 1890. His mother organized the family into a vaudeville act, which didn’t become successful until Groucho began ad-libbing jokes and insults. In the forties and fifties, he hosted the wildly successful radio and TV quiz show You Bet Your Life. He died in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment