Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Signs by Beth Building Portrait in Color – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor

“Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.”
– Ovid

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Signs by Beth Building Portrait in Color – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor

This building is 100 years old, at least.  It used to be a car dealership.  On homecoming week, when there is a lot of alumni in town, an occasional person will wander in and tell me about what it used to be like.  I love those stories.  I don’t own this building, but I have been leasing it for 15 years.  I operated for 4 years out of my house, then spent a year outgrowing two other locations.  This one suits me perfectly.  It’s right downtown in Eufaula and I love having the large shop to work in.  I’m on the end of the block.  There is a nail salon next door and O’Reilly’s Auto Parts is across the street.  Nelson’s Feed Store is just to the east, across from O’Reilly’s.  It’s a piece of hometown America to the max and I love it!

About Ovid

“Publius Ovidius Naso, the Roman poet known as Ovid, best known for the epic Metamorphoses, is considered one of the greatest poets of Latin literature. He was born in 43 B.C. in what is now Italy. He rose quickly in Roman government and was on track to become a senator when he chose to devote himself to poetry instead. His tale of Pyramus and Thisbe is the source for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Emperor Augustus exiled Ovid from Rome for unknown reasons in 8 A.D.; he died in exile in 17 A.D. “

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment