Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Seagulls in Australia

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
Carl Jung

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Seagulls – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor and Sharpie

I painted this from a photo by Mary Y. at WetCanvas.  I wonder if all seagulls have spotted tail feathers or just Aussie seagulls.  (Mary lives in Australia.)

They said on the news that where I live in Oklahoma is the hottest part of the country today.  We broke a record for the highest overnight low ever.  When I was driving in to work at 5 am, it was 87 F.  Normally I don’t come in that early (or post my blog this late) but I spent 5.5 hours putting graphics all over a Carpet Cleaning van in my non-air conditioned shop.  It’s only 11:30 and I’m whooped.  But, I’m done with the van.  YAY!!!  I’m staying in the air conditioned part of the sign shop the rest of the day.  You can’t make me go out there!  :D

Carl Gustav Jung (/ˈjʊŋ/ YUUNG; German: [ˈkarl ˈɡʊstaf ˈjʊŋ]; 26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961) was a Swiss psychologist and psychiatrist who founded analytical psychology. Jung proposed and developed the concepts of the extraverted and the introverted personality, archetypes, and the collective unconscious. His work has been influential in psychiatry and in the study of religion, literature, and related fields.
Individuation is the central concept of analytical psychology. Jung considered individuation, the psychological process of integrating the opposites, including the conscious with the unconscious while still maintaining their relative autonomy, to be the central process of human development

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment