Friday, July 20, 2012

State Farm Sock Monkey Painting – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

“You miss 100% of the shots you never take.”
– Wayne Gretsky

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

State Farm Sock Monkey Painting – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

First I have to say my heart goes out to all the people in Aurora, Colorado.  I visited that city when my brother lived there in the 70′s.  It’s horrible what happened at that movie theater and it’s going to have such a huge impact on a state that has already been rocked with too much this year.

This is another painting from my hometown of Eufaula, Oklahoma.   My friend Janiece Vest owns this business and is such a huge part of our community.  Janiece is a giver and a community leader who has worked very hard for the Chamber of Commerce and other causes.

I love this one.  I giggled at the State Farm bear peeking out the window the whole time I was painting it.  Fun!  :D

About Wayne Gretsky

Wayne Gretsky, the Canadian hockey champion known as the Great One, held 61 NHL records when he retired in 1999. He was born in Brantford, Ontario, and was a prodigy on the ice, competing with ten-year-olds when he was six and playing professionally by 16. He hit the big time playing for the Edmonton Oilers. When he was traded to the L.A. Kings in 1988, Canadians burned the Oilers’ owner in effigy. In 1999, ESPN named Gretsky the fifth-greatest athlete of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment