Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our Favorite Place and a Sock Monkey

“Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.”
– Ruth Gordon

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Our Favorite Place – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Sharpie

This is another sock monkey building portrait.  Our little town is having so much fun with these.  This is the new Our Favorite Place, a Made in Oklahoma Store & Art Gallery, featuring only art and products created in Oklahoma.  In the back is Sips & Bytes, where you can get a coffee or a smoothie and a dessert, while enjoying the free wi-fi.  I love this store!  My art is there, too.  :)   The proprietor is Karen Weldin, who owns Eufaula Lakeshore Realty, along with her partner, Susanne Bain.  She bought this building a couple years ago and has been restoring it back to it’s original 100 year old glory.  It has only been open a couple months and it’s a real treasure for the little town of Eufaula, Oklahoma.

The sign shop has been so busy lately that I am having a hard time getting over here to reply to comments.  I apologize for that.  I love your comments sooooo much and I read every one.  Please don’t stop!  I love hearing from you.  I’ll get more time soon, I hope.

About Ruth Gordon

American actress Ruth Gordon is best known for her roles in Harold and Maude and Rosemary’s Baby. She was born in Massachusetts in 1896. At age 19, she moved to New York to pursue acting; she performed in plays for the next 20 years. She and her first husband, Garson Kanin, wrote five film scripts for Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, including Adam’s Rib, which was based on the writers’ own marriage. She died in 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment