Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beary Pink

We have the power to direct our minds to replace the feelings of being upset, depressed, and fearful with the feeling of inner peace.
–Gerald G. Jampolsky

 

Beary Pink
5″ x 7″ Watercolor

In this painting, I was practicing something I saw in Don Andrews’ book.  I wet all the paper around the bears and then added colors, tilting the paper to let them run into each other.  It was fun!

I had a great flying lesson last night!  I think I am getting closer to soloing.  My flight instructor is letting me have total control, to see how I work through things that come up.  My landings are getting better and I even stalled the plane (on purpose) at 2000 ft, to practice how it’s supposed to feel in the flare, before the wheels kiss the ground on landing.  It was so cool!!!  I only have 13 hours and I really want to solo soon, so I can get more hours in on the weekend, when my CFI is unavailable.  He doesn’t seem to have much time for me.  :) 


Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D., a child and adult psychiatrist, is a graduate of Stanford Medical School. In 1975, he founded the first Center for Attitudinal Healing, now a worldwide network with independent centers in over thirty countries. He is an internationally recognized authority in the fields of psychiatry, health, business, and education. Dr. Jampolsky has published extensively, including his best-selling Love Is Letting Go of Fear. He and his wife, psychotherapist and author Diane Cirincione, Ph.D., have worked in forty-nine countries and currently reside in both northern California and Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment