Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tobacco Farm

“How I relate to my inner self influences my relationship with all others.  My satisfaction with myself and my satisfaction with other people are directly proportional.”
Sue Atchley Ebaugh

 

Tobacco Farm
5″ x 7″ Golden Fluid Acrylic on Canvas Panel

I had a great time doing this one.  Again, I started with a black gessoed canvas and drew my lines in with watercolor pencil.  Here is the base coat.



You can see, if you compare the two, that it developed a little differently than it began.  I just played with layers and layers of color, until it felt done.  I have been enjoying the acrylics lately.  I seem to go through phases.  Watercolor / acrylic / watercolor  /acrylic.  No… my head is not spinning.  :D

Sue Atchley Ebaugh

Funny thing happened when I did a yahoo search for her bio.  The first listing was a link to my blog!   It was because I had this sentence on that post…

“I looked up Sue Atchley Ebaugh, but couldn’t really find out anything about her.  She has some great quotes out there, but no bio, that I could find anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment