Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ladybug

“It is well for the heart to be naive and the mind not to be.”
– Anatole France

 

Ladybug
3″ x 5″ Acrylic on Paper Mache Box Lid

My niece, Chelsi, took the most amazing lady bug photos.  She was generous enough to share them with me.  They are in the WetCanvas reference image library, if you ever need a ladybug reference.



I sent Ryan (Asmalltowndad) one of Chelsi’s photos, because he does hands so beautifully.  He did it in watercolor and I think it turned out great!!    I love it!



The neat thing about this painting is that I can look at my niece’s hand (shown here holding her niece’s hand) and I can see my sister’s hand (her mom).  Thanks, Ryan!

About Anatole France

Anatole France was the pen name of Nobel Prize–winning French author Jacques Anatole François Thibault. He was born in 1844 in Paris. His father was a book dealer, and France spent his life among books, including 14 years as assistant librarian to the French Senate. His novels, including the Contemporary History series and The Gods Are Athirst, often use allegory and religious symbolism as vehicles for moral questions. He died in 1924.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment