Friday, July 9, 2010

Painted Chicken

“Forgiveness is a gentle refusal to defend ourselves against love any longer.  It is a willingness to perceive everyone, including ourselves, as either expressing love or feeling a need for love.”
Gerald Jampolsky

 

Painted Chicken
8.5″ x 11″ Watercolor on Yes! 

While I was preparing for my newsletter, I went through my store of paintings to find things to upload to my website.  I saw some that made me cringe and some that made me giggle.  This one made me giggle.  There are many things wrong with it and there is not a shadow in sight, but I love it for all of it’s plain old simplicity.    There’s just something American Pie about it.  :)


I thought I’d update you on a painting I posted a while back, asking how I should finish it.  It has been sold!  I finished it the way the new owner requested and this is the result.



I painted a 1.5″ gallery wrapped canvas with acrylic, matching the watercolor on the background of the painting.  I then attached the painting to the canvas and coated with clear UV sealant.  Isn’t it fun when things work out that way?  :)

Gerald Jampolsky

Best selling author Gerald Jampolsky is a child and adult psychiatrist, graduate of Stanford Medical School and an internationally recognized authority in the fields of psychiatry, health, business and education. Dr. Jampolsky, founder of Center for Attitudinal Healing in Tiburon, California learned about love and forgiveness by helping thousands of adults, children and families over the past 30 years deal with the psychological, social and spiritual aspects of facing both chronic and life threatening illnesses. In his best selling books “Love is Letting Go of Fear”, “Forgiveness: The Greatest Healer of All” and in his latest book,”Shortcuts to God: Finding Peace Quickly Through Practical Spirituality” he reminds us that health comes from achieving inner peace and forgiveness is the medicine that helps get us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment