Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Penelope

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.”
– Groucho Marx

 

Penelope
4″ x 6″ Acrylic on Paper Mache Box Lid

I got this dog from the WetCanvas Reference Image Library.  I love her face!  Here is how the whole box looks…

I have noticed it’s been quiet on the blogs lately.  Is the heat getting to everybody as much as it is me.  I am slowing down to a crawl.  I never thought I would look forward to winter.  But, I think I am.  :)



About Groucho Marx

Julius Henry “Groucho” Marx was the wisecracking central figure of the Marx Brothers comedy team, waggling his eyebrows in movies like Duck Soup and A Night at the Opera. He was born in New York in 1890. His mother organized the family into a vaudeville act, which didn’t become successful until Groucho began ad-libbing jokes and insults. In the forties and fifties, he hosted the wildly successful radio and TV quiz show You Bet Your Life. He died in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment