Monday, February 14, 2011

Coastal Fantasy Fish I

“When I do things without any explanation, but just with spontaneity…I can be sure that I am right.”
– Federico Fellini



Coastal Fantasy Fish I
Watercolor, Inktense & Ink

This is the first fish I did for a new coastal series I am working on.  I am having so much fun working on this new collection!

Whenever I share something new, I have copyright in the back of my mind.  Stealing art on the internet has become so blatant that it is a huge concern for anyone who creates art for a living.  I am new to art licensing, but it is still art that I do with the intent to license.   It’s a shame we have to be afraid.

There is a new group, started by Phyllis Dobbs,  on LinkedIn that addresses these issues.   Copyright – Artist’s Rights. I am very interested to learn how we can work together to protect our art.  If it concerns you, too, join us at LinkedIn.

About Federico Fellini

Famed Italian director Federico Fellini is known for the dreamlike logic and rich symbolism in Oscar- winning films like La Strada, La Dolce Vita, 8 ½, and Amarcord. His films often featured his wife, actress Giulietta Masina, and his onscreen alter-ego, actor Marcello Mastroiann. He was born in 1920 in Rimini. After he’d begun his film career, he opened a store named the Funny Face Shop, where he sold his drawings and artwork from other filmmakers. His 1993 funeral was attended by thousands of fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment