Friday, February 4, 2011

Dressed For Tea - Bird Painting

“Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”
– Nathaniel Hawthorne



Dressed For Tea
Watercolor & Ink

This is another hotel room painting.  I can tell it’s time to leave that room, because I quit painting.  I’m ready to go home.  We checked out of the motel and are heading home this afternoon, even though it’s snowing again.  I’m ready to be in my studio and my own bed.  YAY!

About Nathaniel Hawthorne

The novelist Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864), famous for his dense prose and allegorical undertones, is perhaps best known for The Scarlet Letter and The House of the Seven Gables. He was born in Massachusetts, and his New England upbringing permeates his work. Hawthorne achieved fame late in life: his first work, a collection of short stories, was rejected by publishers, but he continued to write even as he worked at the Salem Custom House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment