Wednesday, February 23, 2011

White Flower ala Georgia O’Keefe style

“Striving for perfection is the greatest stopper there is.… It’s your excuse to yourself for not doing anything. Instead, strive for excellence, doing your best.”
– Sir Laurence Olivier



White Flower ala Georgia O’Keefe style
Acrylic on Paper

Unfortunately, during my computer fiasco, I lost many of my pictures that were saved on my primary hard drive.  Rather than whine… I decided to go back to some paintings I had saved on the secondary drive and look at them again, just for fun and inspiration.

The paintings I have selected to share on my blog are the Plant Parade paintings I did on WetCanvas’ Florals and Botanicals forum.  This is one I did in 2007.  The challenge was to paint in the style of Georgia O’Keefe.   The reference was a white flower, but I don’t remember what kind it is.   Any ideas?  :)

About Sir Laurence Olivier

The brilliant English actor Laurence Olivier, known for roles in such films as The Entertainer, Rebecca, and Wuthering Heights, was central in founding Britain’s National Theater, and was artistic director there for ten years. He was born in 1907 in Surrey. Not a Method actor, he used external attributes to create a character. He craved performance and was depressed between jobs. He was the first actor to direct his own Oscar-winning performance, in Hamlet. He died in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment