Friday, February 18, 2011

Wiener Dog Love


“Never let life’s hardships disturb you…no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.”
– Nichiren Daishonin
Boy, that’s a good one for me.  
Wiener Dog Love
Watercolor & Ink
I still don’t have my work computer, so I grabbed something off my home computer to post today.  I should get it back today, then begin the process of reloading all my programs, drivers and backup.  What a time eater that’s going to be.  I sure have missed it, though.   I’m happy to be getting it back.   


About Nichiren Daishonin

Thirteenth century Japanese monk Nichiren Daishonin is known as the founder of the branch of Buddhism that bears his name. Born Zennichi-maro in a fishing village in 1222, he changed his name when he founded “True Buddhism,” a return to the non-discriminatory basis of the religion. His huge following and his dire predictions made him unpopular with rulers; according to legend, he was about to be killed when a freak astronomical phenomenon blinded the executioner and saved Daishonin’s life. He died in 1282.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment