Saturday, February 12, 2011

Green Birdhouse

“It is only by following your deepest instinct that you can lead a rich life.”
– Katharine Butler Hathaway




Green Birdhouse

Since I missed a day of posting, due to the weather, I thought I’d share another little birdhouse.  The sun is out and it’s supposed to get to 52 today!  YAY!

I drove my pickup home yesterday, without any trouble, and I thought I’d go ahead and drive it today.   I scaled that steep driveway with no problem, just to get stuck at the top on the road.    That F150 just spun on the ice.  I was able to inch it out of the way, so I could walk back down and get the jeep.    By this afternoon, we should be able to get it back down the driveway.  Ah… the adventures of winter.

I am so ready for spring!  :D

About Katharine Butler Hathaway

Katharine Butler Hathaway’s memoir, The Little Locksmith, earned glowing reviews and was a best seller when it was published in 1943, just after the author’s death. She was born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1890. After coming down with spinal tuberculosis at age five, she was strapped to a board for ten years to prevent hunchback, but the arduous treatment didn’t work. She soared despite her body’s limitations, attending Radcliffe, making friends, and buying a house in Maine as a refuge for friends and lovers. She died in 1942.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment