Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I’ve Got A Brand New Pair of Roller Skates

“This I conceive to be the chemical function of humor: to change the character of our thought.”
– Lin Yutang

Very Interesting!



I’ve Got A Brand New Pair of Roller Skates – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

… and you’ve got a brand new key.  I know…. now that song is stuck in your head, too!  I painted this on Memorial Day and that song stayed in my head for HOURS!!  :D

It was painted from a WetCanvas reference by BettyBoop22.

About Lin Yutang

Chinese author Lin Yutang wrote more than 35 books in English and Chinese, including My Country and My People and The Importance of Living, which brought him international fame. He was born in 1895 in the Fujian province in China. He created a Chinese-American dictionary, an indexing system for Chinese letters, and translated many classic Chinese texts. Written in a humorous, accessible style, his books bridged European and Chinese cultures. He died in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment