Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Nurses - Watercolor

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
– T.S. Eliot

Love that!



Little Nurses – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor

This was done from a 20 year old photo provided by SkattyKat at WetCanvas.   I had fun doing it with very little real detail.    I could have done a better job with their little faces, but if I fiddled with them any more, they would only have gotten worse.

This is the only painting I had time for this weekend.  I worked on Saturday and went flying on Sunday.  I hadn’t been in the plane in 6 weeks, due to our crazy Oklahoma spring weather.  It was 109 degrees in the Muskogee Airport parking lot, according to my pickup.  I did learn (from my flight instructor in the right seat) that it cools approximately 3.5 degrees for every thousand feet you go up.  After doing a half a dozen touch and goes in Haskell, I was ready for 3500 feet!  :D

About T.S. Eliot

T.S. Eliot, the Nobel Prize–winning poet, is perhaps best known today for a light book of rhymes that became the Broadway hit Cats. He penned such weightier poems as “The Waste Land,” “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” and “Four Quartets.” His work is rich with deeply felt religious meditations, but he never wanted to be perceived as a religious poet. He was born in 1888 in St. Louis and made his adult home in England, where he worked as an editor at the publisher Faber & Faber. He died in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment