Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Plaid and Polka Dots

“Rate the task above the prize; will not the mind be raised? Fight thine own faults, not the faults of others; will not evil be mended?”
– Confucius



Plaid and Polka Dots – 4″ x 4″ Watercolor

I hosted the WDE over the weekend at WetCanvas.  I used photos from the Reference Image Library that started with P.  We had a lot of fun and I did eight paintings.  I threw studying and honey-dos to the wind and just played in my studio.  This photo was titled “Pretty Girl” (by me) and was contributed to the RIL by pencilnpen.  Of course, following the P theme, I added the Plaid and Polka dots.  If I had been thinking ahead, I’d have given her Pigtails.  :)

I think this is the first child I have painted that didn’t look like a 40 year old hooker.  ha ha ha

About Confucius

The ancient Chinese social philosopher Confucius founded the ethically based philosophical system which became known as Confucianism. Legend says that he was born in 551 B.C. to a 70-year-old father and a 15-year-old mother. At age 50, frustrated with politics, he left his job as Justice Minister and began a 12-year journey around China. Returning home, he taught a growing number of disciples “The Way” and wrote a set of books called the Five Classics. He died in 479 B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment