Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Twin Fawns

“The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment, it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.”
– Orison Swett Marden

 

Twin Fawns

We have two sets of twin fawns in our neighborhood.  I see this pair with their mama every day.  They usually just stare at me as I approach, then as I just sit there in my vehicle, the fawns will go nuts and run around and play.  Eventually they dart into the woods, as mama watches from the side of the road.  I have only seen the other set of twins once.  They were in our yard and they are a little smaller than this set.  I know there are two sets, because I saw all of them in one afternoon.  I love seeing them play every day!

I’ll try to get a better photo of them.  It would be fun to paint.  :)

About Orison Swett Marden

Orison Swett Marden, the American writer who is considered the forerunner of motivational authors, wrote an average of two books a year from 1894 to 1924. He was born on a New England farm in 1850. During college, he worked in hotel management. He then used his seed money to buy a resort in Rhode Island. Wanting to inspire people as he himself had been inspired by British author Samuel Smiles, he began writing books like You Can, But Will You? and founded Success Magazine. He died in 1924.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment