Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cow in the Snow

“Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.”
– Thomas A. Edison


Cow in the Snow – 7″ x 10″ Watercolor (& a Dab of White Gouache) on Masa

This was the first painting I did on the masa paper.  I loved it!  In real life, the colors are a little more vibrant.  I am loving the whole masa thing.  I can’t wait to do more.

splattered some white gouache across this, to simulate the snow, but when it dried it had faded away.  I may come back in and do it again with acrylic, because it added a nice touch.  I just need more hours in my day.  :)

The images from today and yesterday are compliments of Just Chaos on WetCanvas.

 

About Thomas A. Edison

Thomas Edison, the American inventor who made his early fortune with the stock ticker and the phonograph record, is credited with inventing the light bulb — although he simply improved upon the original idea by making the bulb burn longer. Edison was born in 1847 in Ohio. He was a dreamer in school; his teacher called him “addled,” and his mother taught him at home. He used the money from his inventions to set up a lab with a number of employees; he held a record 1,093 patents in his name. He died in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment