Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mountains - The Abreviated Version

“Be not afraid of life.  Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”
-William James

I LOVE that.  It’s so true! 



Mountains – 2″ x 10″ Watercolor on Masa

Okay, I admit it…. this was a 4″ x 10″ painting with reflections in the water.  It was a real DOG!  I wasn’t even going to post it because I didn’t like the foreground.  But, I do like the mountains, so “crop” became my friend!   This painting would make a nice bookmark.  :D

“The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.”
–William James

William James – Early Life:

William James was born into an affluent family. His father was deeply interested in philosophy and theology and strove to provide his children with a rich education.
The James children traveled to Europe frequently, attended the best possible schools, and were immersed in culture and art, which apparently paid off – William James went on to become one of the most important figures in psychology, while brother Henry James became one of the most acclaimed American novelists.    MORE…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment