Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pelican in Flight

“A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.”
– Grace Murray Hopper



Pelican in Flight – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor

I painted this little ditty a couple weeks ago.  I had fun with it.  I am finding myself a bit obsessed with thoughts of paintings I can do on masa paper.  I can’t wait to experiment some more this weekend (hopefully).

About Grace Murray Hopper

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, the American computer pioneer, was the first woman to become a Distinguished Fellow of the British Computer Society. She was born in 1906 in New York. By age seven, she was taking alarm clocks apart to see how they worked. She worked for the U.S. Navy developing the first compiler, which allowed people to write computer programs in real language rather than machine code. When she found a moth inside a computer, she coined the term “debugging.” She died in 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment