Friday, July 8, 2011

The Watchful Bear

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order,
confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”

–Melody Beattie

Wow!  I love that one!



The Watchful Bear – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I was playing last weekend with the help of a book I have on wildlife reference photos.  I tried to paint an elk for my brother, since he is an active member of the Elks, in Idaho.  He has been such a good brother and son lately, taking great care of my mom, who is in the hospital.  Anyway…. The elk looked like a demented cow/sheep/moose/alpaca.  I had a good laugh and threw it in the trash can.  Moving on, I painted this bear… just for fun!  He looks like he’s watching something really interesting.

Have a good weekend!  If life goes according to plan, I’m going to play with masa!  (No… I am not making homemade tamales.  Been there, done that,  and once is enough!)  Masa is a paper that I can’t wait to try.

Melody Beattie is one of America’s most beloved self-help authors and a household name in addiction and recovery circles.  Her international bestselling book, Codependent No More, introduced the world to the term “codependency” in 1986.  Millions of readers have trusted Melody’s words of wisdom and guidance because she knows firsthand what they’re going through. In her lifetime, she has survived abandonment, kidnapping, sexual abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, divorce, and the death of a child. “Beattie understands being overboard, which helps her throw bestselling lifelines to those still adrift,” said Time MagazineMore…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment