Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Felt, Idaho Landscape

“Laughter is the closest distance between two people.”
– Victor Borge



Felt, Idaho Landscape – 4″ x 6″ Plein Air Watercolor

When I was in Driggs, I visited a cute little shop called Magpie Beads.   The owner of the shop told me about a wonderful spot to do plein air paintings.  I followed her directions through Tetonia, then north to Felt.  Felt is just a dot on the map, but the views surrounding it were breath taking!!  I pulled over on a hill and was lucky enough to be there while a tractor was motoring about the landscape.  It was really wonderful!    I believe this painting is going to be the inspiration for a larger acrylic painting.  I’m thinking 24″ x 48″, since I have a blank canvas that size.  Weeeee!  :D

About Victor Borge

Danish pianist Victor Borge was affectionately known as the Clown Prince of Denmark. Born as Børge Rosenbaum in 1909 to musician parents, he began playing piano at age three. After a stint as a classical pianist, he began combining music and jokes. His anti-Nazi jokes landed him on Hitler’s enemies list. In 1942, he was named Best New Radio Performer by the American press. His Comedy in Music show on Broadway was the longest running one-man show in the 1950′s. He died in 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment