Friday, September 23, 2011

Scarecrow in Fall

“Since no one is perfect, it follows that all great deeds have been accomplished out of imperfection. Yet they were accomplished, somehow, all the same.”
– Lois McMaster Bujold



Scarecrow in Fall 
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor and Sharpie ATC

Ryan, over at Asmalltowndad’s Weblog has initiated a small ATC exchange for fall.   If you look at his post from September 19th, you’ll see the one he mailed to me yesterday.  I can’t wait to get it.  It’s beautiful, don’t you think?  I hope this little ATC brings a grin to Ryan’s face.  That will make my day.  :)

The photo reference I loosely used is by Artistammy, at the WetCanvas Reference Image Library.

I like that quote today.  I’m taking a flying lesson tomorrow, after 3 months off.   I’m a little nervous, since it’s been so long.  My instructor needs to fly with me in order to re-endorse me to fly solo.  My last endorsement expired a couple weeks ago.  It comforts me to know that no pilot was ever perfect, since there are no perfect people.  Of course, if you’re flying soon, I may not have comforted you much.  he he   :D

About Lois McMaster Bujold

Lois McMaster Bujold, the award-winning American science fiction and fantasy writer, is best known for her “Vorkosigan Saga” space opera, a series of novels and short stories which blend action with strong character development. She was born in 1949 in Ohio and began writing seriously in her thirties. When her best friend began publishing novels, Bujold thought, “If she can do it, I can too.” She has won the prestigious Hugo Award four times. She lives in Minneapolis and has two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment