Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Metal Mama II – 8″ Metal Art

“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Metal Mama II – 8″ Metal Art

Okay, I understand that she is a departure from my usual art, but I had so much fun!  I made her for my little sister. She is made from new stuff and some old treasures I had stashed.

Dona and her husband, John  rode their Harley to Idaho from Oak Harbor, Washington to be with my mom and brother while I was there.  This little gift didn’t take up too much room in her small pack.  I made one for my mom, too.  I’ll show you that one tomorrow.  :)

About Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the multitalented and prolific German author and scientist, is best known for the play Faust, which has been adapted into operas, films, and novels. He was born in 1749 in Frankfurt. An unhappy love affair inspired his first play; his similarly themed novel, The Sorrows of Young Werther, created the prototype of the romantic hero. He also invented the color wheel concept of light and made important discoveries in plant and human biology. He died in 1832.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment