Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Safe Harbor – Watercolor on Masa

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order,
confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace
for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

–Melody Beattie

WOW!  Good stuff!



Safe Harbor – Watercolor on Masa 3″ x 5″

Well, we have left Idaho behind and now we’re in Belize.  Li from WetCanvas had some great images to paint from in her WDE.  Li and her hubby recently spent 10 days exploring Belize.  The location is dear to my heart, because I was married on an island off the coast of Belize…   Ambergris Caye.    While Li enjoyed the ruins, the caves and the jungles, we loved the beaches and the quaint little town of San Pedro. 
The people are amazing, no matter what your vacation plans are.  :)


I think this one had masa written all over it!

Melody Beattie is the author of Codependent No More, published in 1987 by the Hazelden Foundation. The book was successful and influential within the self-help movement, selling over eight million copies and introducing the word codependent to the general public.[1]

Following the success of Codependent No More, Beattie authored over a dozen other books, including Beyond Codependency and The Language of Letting Go. Her most recent book is Make Miracles in Forty Days: Turning What You Have into What You Want, published in 2010. Several of her books have been published in other languages.

On melodybeattie.com, she says this…  “They call me a self-help writer, but I’m not an expert or a guru.  I don’t give medical, psychiatric, or legal advice. I research, and then combine personal experience with what the experts say.  Then I turn that into easy stories for people to watch or read. Sometimes I show people how others (and I) work through certain issues and I suggest options, but I don’t tell people what to do.  I tell them they can do it, instead (a practice referred to as empowerment or permissions therapy.)”

That whole page is very interesting.  Worth a quick read.  :)

“Don’t look down.  Look up!  The steeper the climb,  the more important it is to laugh.”
–Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment