Monday, May 7, 2012

Hitched for Illustration Friday

“Allow me to assure you that suspicion and jealousy never did help any man in any situation.”
–Abe Lincoln

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Hitched for Illustration Friday – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor and Sharpie

The word of the week for Illustration Friday is “Hitched”.  I didn’t use any photo references for this one.  I just went with the happy little picture I had in my head.  I had a great time with this one.  The whole time I worked on it, I was in “the zone”.  Ya know what I mean?

This is what it looked like before I added the sharpie.

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Abe Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln is one of America’s greatest heroes because of his unique appeal. His is a remarkable story of the rise from humble beginnings to achieve the highest office in the land; then, a sudden and tragic death at a time when his country needed him most to complete the great task remaining before the nation. His distinctively human and humane personality and historical role as savior of the Union and emancipator of the slaves creates a legacy that endures. His eloquence of democracy, and his insistence that the Union was worth saving embody the ideals of self-government that all nations strive to achieve.

More on Abe Lincoln here.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I like both before and after versions. It's amazing how a little touch that can give you a total different feeling on the same drawing. Thank you Beth for your nice comment on my blog post.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment