Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 Paws Facing Southwest - 5″ x 5″ – Painting Stages

“Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him.”
Aldous Huxley

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

4 Paws Facing Southwest -  5″ x 5″  – Painting Stages

I painted this little painting from the driveway of the cabin I stayed in during my 2011 Driggs, Idaho visit.  It’s 5″ x 5″ and I’ve included the progress shots of the stages.  First, I took a panel that I had painted earlier with black gesso.  I drew the lines on with chalk that I wanted to stay black.  Then, with Golden Fluid Acrylic, I painted the underpainting.  I come in and add color after that.  Layers and layers and layers of glazing (with Golden Fluid Acrylic) later, I end up with the finished painting.  These little acrylics are better in person.  :)

About Aldous Huxley

Aldous Huxley, the cerebral English writer and social critic, is best known for his dystopian novel Brave New World, about a theoretically ideal society that stamps out individuality. He was born in Surrey on July 26, 1894. His teen years were difficult: His mother and sister died when he was 14 and a few years later, he became nearly blind. After early success with fiction, he switched to essays and screenplays, moving to California and becoming a kind of guru for the 60′s counterculture movement. He died on November 22, 1963.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment